The car club has four vehicles located across Leicester with a fifth currently in Uppingham but available to use wherever needed.
We have a range of practical vehicles from small cars for short trips around town to larger vehicles which can carry more people and luggage. All vehicles use unleaded petrol – we do not purchase diesel vehicles to minimise urban air pollution. We typically average around 3 members per vehicle, so a good mix of requirements, plus co‑ordination, avoids most difficulties and conflicts of needs.
Our current vehicles are:
- Renault Clio – small (three-door) four/five-seater hatchback
- Renault Grand Picasso – a seven-seater, great for trips with many people or for lots of luggage
- Toyota Yaris (manual) – small car (three-door) with decent amount of storage space
- Toyota Yaris (automatic) – five-door
- Toyota Corolla – automatic small car
Vehicles are based in different locations across the city to match up with the needs of our current membership. Each vehicle is based with a member of the car club – the ‘Keeper’ of the vehicle.
Current approximate locations of vehicles are:
- Clarendon Park
- Evington Village
Don’t despair if a vehicle isn’t kept near where you live – we often move where vehicles are kept to best fit with the needs of our membership.