Why join a car club?
Car sharing is a practical solution for many people. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Reducing the cost of owning a car (insurance, tax, etc.)
- Instead of paying to run a car, our members just pay an initial joining fee, a monthly access fee and are then billed according to the number of miles driven.
- Reducing your environmental impact
- The minor inconvenience of booking a car, rather than having one on your doorstep, helps members to only travel by car when necessary, and to make more use of walking, cycling and public transport.
- Joining a welcoming co-operative community
- Car club members are a friendly bunch, dedicated to co-operation. Our regular meetings and annual socials provide a chance to get to know other members.
- Access to a car when you only need one rarely
- Membership means that if you only need to drive rarely, for one-off trips or to move bulky objects, you can access a vehicle for your trip without paying a large fee to a car hire company.
- Access to a range of vehicles
- We maintain a range of practical vehicles to cover our members’ needs, including smaller cars for short trips around town and cars with many seats or lots of storage space.